Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life is Busy!!!

Things are so crazy around here! I am back in school. I must have had a slight moment of insanity when I decided that grad school sounded like a good idea. :-) My very little free time just went out the door. I am also back at work at the UofA, teaching five sections! That was another moment of insanity. Oh well, it will all work out somehow. That I do know. Jamey is still at work at Honda and working so hard to help me in any way that he can. He has been awesome, cooking and cleaning! We knew we kept him around for something! :-) Kidding, of course. He is an amazing daddy and husband! Here is an update on the baby doodles and I will get pictures up as soon as I find another few minutes.



Carter - He went to the Dr this week for an ear re-check. Still has a double ear infection AFTER two antibiotics already! I hate it when one of them is sick, I feel helpless. He weighs 28 lb 1 ounce. WOW! I cant believe my 5lb premie weighs that much! He is growing up so fast. He talks all the time, I can understand a few words here and there. He will have entire conversations with Calla in his own language of course. He is so sweet to his little brother! The first thing he does in the morning, every day, is run into the living room and say HI and kiss him. Yesterday, Cedar was still in his bed and Carter ran in his room and stood on the bottom rail of his crib and reached up his little hand and waved over the top of the crib and said HI. SOOOOO cute! He kisses him all the time and gives him toys to play with. Now of course that does not mean that he doesn't steal some toys as well, he does that a fair share. He is still a little pushy with Calla. He knows he is stronger than her and uses it. He is sweet to her as well. He will make sure she has her sippy with her milk (sometimes it is the empty one he just finished so that he can steel what is left of hers) but he does show that he wants her taken care of. He used to be really mean to her, the majority of the time. Since Cedar is more responsive to them now, Carter has really sweetened up. He loves water play. Obsessed with the water hose. I am pretty sure that he feels it is his and his only.



Calla - Calla used to be the one that it was hard to make happy. She started our fussy from the start. She has changed so much. She smiles all the time and giggles the funniest laugh. She likes to play by herself but has fun with her brothers as well. She loves to sit in my lap while I feed cedar and she always takes him random toys. She has a shoe thing and carries random shoes all of the house. I often find shoes piled on top of cedar. She does know which ones are his though its cute. She will always match the shoe to the person. She likes to wear shoes around the house. I have been meaning to find her some tap shoes so she can tap her way across the kitchen. Her and Carter have many words but still do not group them or use them consistently. They do associate words with actions. I can ask them to do something or ask them where something is and they go and get it. (awesome) They can point to all of their body parts and know many words in sign language. She loves her daddy. She talks about him all the time. Every time the phone rings or I get a text she thinks its him and says "daddy". So cute.



Cedar - Cedar started sitting up by himself (not getting himself there, but stays if you put him there) this week at 6 months 1 week old. I can not believe how fast the time goes. He will also roll across the living room floor in a minute. Loves toys, really anything that he can grab. He has also been fighting double ear infections. After two rounds of antibiotics he is now clear. He weighs 18lb 9oz, seriously! He looks just like a mini Carter and Jamey for that matter. A fat version of Jamey anyway. He is super sweet. The happiest of all our babies. He is happy about 98 % of the time if that is possible. He really only gets upset if he poops or is fighting sleep. He aspirates on liquids which is really scary to think that every time you feed your little guy it could go into his lungs! He coughs a lot. I hate it. Please add him to your prayers that it stops soon! He has to have all of his liquid thickened. Obviously it has not affected his weight gain! :-) He take speech therapy once a week an we do stretching and strengthening exercises everyday 3 to 5 times per day. He is really tired of it all. Who could blame him. He loves carter and calla. He just giggles at them all the time. They play peek a boo with him. The other day he was laughing so hard and so loud I was crying because it made me laugh so hard too. It was also so heartwarming to be reminded of how all of our previous heartache on our journey to be parents was so worth it. I never knew how much better the sound of their laughter would make my life. I walked in to the kitchen the other day to check on the too quiet carter and calla to hear the little laughter coming from inside my kitchen cabinets. And to see their tiny faces pop out when they open the obviously non childproof latches from the inside, amazing is all I can say. They have made our lives complete in so many ways. We will continue to thank god for them everyday!

Well that of course is the brief update and I am sure that I am forgetting major things but my time is short. I will post pictures soon I hope! I am still taking lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment