Friday, January 6, 2012

Second half of September 2011

10/1/11 GO HOGS GO!! We all had to wear our game day attire. The kids would always know it was Saturday, game day, when we got out the red shirts. If I didn't have one on, Calla would ask where it was. Our friend Holly comes to see us every now and then on Saturdays. The kids love her!
10/1/11 Game day with daddy!!

9/28/11 Cedar playing in the sand box. That dump trucks sticker has seen better days.

9/28/11 When my Aunt and Uncle came and brought the hand me downs from my cousin, this was one of them. I quickly realized that I would rather my kids live in a bubble. I was terrified they would fall off and yes they should have had helmets on!!! Daddy was close by the entire time and I don't think it will come back out until they are a little bigger. Carter was in heaven though and he did allow Calla to ride with him (after he almost ran over her).

9/28/11 This was daddy's birthday too! We have so much fun when we have family time. It is so rare these days. I cant wait until I finish school and we can settle into a normal routine and have regular days that we are together as a family. Hopefully when that happens I wont ever work on Sundays again!

9/28/11 We had brownies, daddy's favorite for his birthday and sang to him! The kids really love birthdays. We love daddy and are so blessed to have him in our lives!!!! Jamey is the best husband and an even better father!
9/25/11 I have no idea why they were holding hands but I thought is was cute so had to capture it. Why not hold hands on the potty in the kitchen while drinking milk?

9/25/11 Poor Cede, he looks so beat up. He was running in the hall and fell down, his head skid down the wall. It was so sad. It is heartbreaking to watch your kids hurting. He got over it pretty quick but the battle wounds stuck around for a while.

9/21/11 The park!! We live not too far from a really great park, Walker Park. We don't get to go very often since it takes two adults but whenever we are able the kids really enjoy it! Calla and Cedar go down the slide over and over and over. Carter seems to have a harder time warming up to the slide but will go down if prompted. He enjoys picking up sticks and just enjoying the freedom to run around.

9/21/11 Speaking of freedom to run. Luckily there is a baseball field with a fence that stops him, otherwise Cedar might run forever.

9/21/11 Carter having fun at the park.

9/21/11 Watch out, he's driving this thing!!



9/21/11 When we leave the house sometimes if it has been a rough day, I will ask Calla, "Do you want me to comb your hair or just put it in a pony tail?". Of course i am sure you can guess her answer. That hair is so beautiful but soooooo much work. She hates for it to be combed!
9/21/11 Our big boy, Cedar. I love that he at least still has his baby fat hands!

9/20/11 The artists in the family.


9/20/11 Yes, his hands are colored orange. He likes alternative art.

9/19/11 Potty training twins........ It might be the death of me! I had to put the pottys in the kitchen just so that they would be willing to sit there.

9/17/11 This was my attempt at potty training prizes. Calla loves candy and carter loves cars. I let them choose a prize every time they go. This worked great to get us started but within a short time we hit a plateau and have been there ever since. Update as of today 1/9/12 is the same. I have never felt like more of a failure at something. Carter can go on command and will every time he sits on the potty but also seems to have wet pants EVERY TIME, even if it is just 15 minutes later. I don't know how to get through to them. Calla is so proud of herself when she goes but she doesn't seem to have the control that Carter has. I DON'T GET IT!!!!! They are three years old and I am sooooooooooo tired of changing pull ups!!!! Oh and they wake up wet from naps and nighttime no matter what I do. Maybe I should just accept that they will be wearing pull ups for the rest of their lives. UGGGGGG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment