Friday, February 26, 2010

First Week of Life

The first week home was fun filled with our trip back to the hospital for my crazy blood pressure. Other than that of course we really enjoyed some time as a family of five. Daddy was off work all week which was awesome. The twins go back and forth on liking and not liking their baby brother. He is really a good baby so far. He sleeps a lot, we forgot how much newborns sleep.
First bath at home. He pretty much hated it. He was much happier when he got cuddled up in his big fluffy towel.

We took lots of picture of the first bath but only one was super cute, in all the others he was crying. He was happier when I washed his hair and held him up off of the wet blanket under him. As soon as his umbilical cord falls off he will get real baths and I am sure that he will like that much better.


One of the first days home, I was very sore still from the c-section, so I was in bed a lot away from the hyper twins that like to jump all over everyone. I missed them a great deal since our hospital stay was the first time that I had been away from them for more than a shift at work. Calla, the calm one, came to see me in bed. To keep her from crawling all over me I gave her the forbidden things that she loves. She played with the remote, my phone, and the baby monitor. She sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating on something. She had that tongue way out trying to figure out what all those buttons do. Its funny how I always thought she was so little, but since Cedar came home, she seems so big. It kind of makes me sad!

Day one, Carter wants to touch his new brother immediately. His touch is not very soft so we are working on soft and gentle. It is getting better. Calla appreciates it too I am sure. Carter is all boy and can be a little rough at times.

Calla meeting Cedar for the first time. She was in awe, not sure what to think. She kept looking at him and then looking at us. She likes to touch him. Either she goes for his eyes, since that is one of the body parts she knows, or she goes for his paci. (And for anyone who notices, it did not occur to me that there are trees on that receiving blanket, and even so, they are not cedar trees) Thanks mom and Aunt Shelley for pointing that out!




















No comments:

Post a Comment