Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Month of the Hospital




December was a long month for us. At the start of the month we had an ultrasound that said the babies were doing great! They weighed in at around 4lb 6oz and 4lb 3oz. My blood pressure continued to rise and I started to have spill protein in my urine which meant preeclampsia. My doctor went ahead and gave me a set of steriod injections to help mature the babies lungs in case they have to come early. I was hospitalized on December 11th, 2008 for the preeclampsia and went into preterm labor that night. They were able to stop the contractions that night and they came and went a couple more times throughout my stay. I had some pretty severe electolyte imbalances as well. I was pretty sick but luckily the babies were doing great!


This picture was taken on December 13th, 2008. They had a monitor on each baby, one on the contractions, and heart monitors on me due to the electrolyte imbalance. Good news is that the medicine that they gave me to stop the pre term labor helped the preeclampsia as well. All my swelling went down and my blood pressure started to stabilize as long as I was laying down. I did have a rash from head to toe left over from a newly daignosed latex allergy but other than that I was feeling better overall. So on December 22nd they decided that I could go home on strict bed rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment