Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Birthday of the Twins!

So, I went to the dr to have a check up on December 29th, 2008. I was very miserable and sick. My blood pressure was very high and I had a constant headache. They did a non-stress test on the babies and they were doing great. Due to the fact that I was showing signs of worsening preeclampsia the dr decided that it was time to take the babies so they would not be at risk. It was 11 am when he decided that we would do the c-section at 1230 pm. We headed to the hospital and before we knew it (we won't talk about my surgical experience...) we were the proud parents of the sweetest baby girl and boy! Calla cried right away a was doing ok. She did require some supplemental oxygen and a feeding tube. Carter took some encouragement and was a little unstable due to premature lungs. He required a cpap, oxygen, and they had him on IV nutrition through a line in the umbilical cord. I did not get to see them until 8 pm but Jamey took these pictures so I could see what was happening. Aunt Candi was there too to meet her new niece and nephew. They were finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment