Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So I really need to catch things up on this blog. So much has happened in the last month or so I don't even know where to begin. I am 20 weeks pregnant with our third child (more info to come), and all is well there. Carter and Calla are both crawling officially now and they also both pull up. Carter even has a nice little row of teeth marks on his crib rail to show for it. (Just discovered tonight, looks great!) Whoever told me (and many have) that twins get easier, must be insane! We are exhausted. It takes all the effort in the world to change a diaper much less get them dressed. They are always on the move. Cant be still for one second. Carter is a little rough with his sister, and us for that matter, all boy for sure. He pulls hair, hits, and pinches. All of which he is unaware that it hurts people. Hopefully this will pass soon. He laughs a lot and smiles all the time. The bug eyed picture, that is

what he looks like when he crawls. I actually think he was thinking about biting my knee in that one also. He still laughs when she cries but is quick to try to console her as well. He will put his hand on her leg. He steals her toys and gives her toys. They trade so quick you cant even see it happen. You will give them teethers to chew on and they end up with each others in an instant. No keeping germs to yourself in our house! They finally have the sippy cups figured out, carter for sure and he peeks around the cup to make sure you are smiling and proud of him. He splashes like crazy in the bath. He loved cottage cheese, his first real solid, and within hours he had a rash all over. Yes my boy is allergic to corn, cottage cheese, and yogurt. Guess milk will be out of the question at one year. He does love to eat but doesn't do it well yet (other than formula, he has that down). He is our snuggle buggie. Calla on the other hand only snuggles when she is sleepy. She is a better eater of purees than buggie but gags the instant anything semi-solid hits her tongue. Guess she is not ready. She loves her daddy, gets so excited when he is around. They both do. They are really starting to show how happy they are to see us. They fight over me when I get home from work. So flattering! I love it when they both come and crawl up in my lap! She is a little more tempermental, especially when it is bedtime. She fights sleep with all she's got. Loves her brother but knows to look out for him. She can crawl but really enjoys grunting until she gets what she wants (when we give in). Her crawl is not as defined and sometimes looks like a big ape using her arms and then her hind end in one move. Its funny. They both love to play and be tickled. I am sure that I am forgetting something. Oh yes, teeth. Calla still has none, but she is working on it. Carter has two bottom ones and is working on some more. In all we are so blessed each day to have them in our lives. They are amazing even when I am going nuts with all the craziness! We love our sweet babies! I will try to be better about updating this, life seems to never slow down. Have a good day all!



































The pic with him in the pack n play was the funniest things I have ever seen. I was talking to my mom and just looked over and saw him licking the screen. Too funny!


















Yes, that day I got the mom of the year award (I get a lot of them) for stepping out of the room and returning to see my son chewing on a dog bone. Sad thing is that he loved it and was very angry when it got taken away. :)

1 comment:

  1. A dog bone will be the only toy my son has! :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete